KNX is well suited to lighting control applications and is fully scalable so that it can be used on small and very large projects. Download Lighting PDF
With a well-designed KNX lighting control solution used instead of conventional control, up to 60% of the energy that would normally be consumed could be saved.
- Presence control with daylight linked dimming using the KNX / DALI solution would generally offer the best overall savings.
- KNX lighting control schemes can control many different forms of luminaires.
- Architectural along with general functional lighting can be controlled using the same system as there are many field KNX devices to complement the system.
- KNX has products to support all form of lighting control including DALI, DSI, Analogue 1-10V, LED Dimming, Universal phase cut dimming, Switch actuator control and DMX interface.
- Most products are DIN rail mountable, allowing a system to be provided with components needed for any project.
- Touch screens, scene set push button, presence detectors and remote control devices can all be provided by the KNX system.
- Off-the-shelf gateways are available to many AV systems including Crestron and AMX for seamless integration into third party systems.
- Within the KNX product basket there is a KNX wireless solution that can be used with the normal bus connected devices or as a standalone system.
- There is a range of KNX products, headend visualisation options and touch screens that could be incorporated within a system.
- There is also a tried and tested OPC KNX solution that could be used to connect a KNX network to a common SCADA system or Building Management System.